One of our all-time favourite, bottarga macaroni and pine nuts. You must try it because words can’t describe how delicious is the combination of bottarga and pine nuts.
Bottarga is regarded as the caviar of the Mediterranean and is well known and appreciated in Sardinia and Sicily.
This pasta is simplicity itself to make and tastes very very good.
The raw garlic and pine nuts cream with which the dish is dressed cuts the saltiness of the roe beautifully and can itself make a delicious dressing for plain pasta.
Bottarga Macaroni with Pine Nuts
- 12 oz macaroni
- 2 tbsp CoccoMio 🥥Coconut Oil
- 1 garlic clove - sliced
- 15 cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1/2 glass of dry white wine
- a handful of flat leaf parsley - chopped
- 90 g bottarga - diced very small
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 oz pine nuts
- Make a cream with the 2 garlic cloves and the pine nuts. You can either use a pestle and mortar or an electric blender.
- In a medium-sized saucepan heat the coconut oil and add the sliced garlic, the tomatoes and the wine. Stir-Fry for 3 minutes until the wine has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile cook the macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until just al dente (tender but still firm to the bite)
- Drain the past when it’s ready and toss with the parsley, CoccoMio coconut oil and the bottarga. Add the tomatoes sauce and toss again.
- Mix with the pine nuts and garlic cream and serve at once.
CoccoMio, we’re just nuts about coconut and only the best will do!