This lovely moist coconut carrot cake recipe will brighten your day no matter how the weather is outside.
For us, it was a dark and stormy evening when we started to feel peckish for something sweet. The idea of going out seemed ridiculous 😉 We took a look in the fridge. There were some carrots, some eggs and not much more. So we came up with this E.A.S.Y. recipe.
Thanks to CoccoMio coconut oil the cake was extra soft and we thoroughly enjoyed it! Using coconut oil to bake your cake will make them oh-so soft and is a great way to add healthy fats oh-so needed to keep our body functioning properly.
Coconut Carrot Cake
- 280 g carrots - finely grated
- 280 g all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 200 g granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 organic lemon
- 200 ml CoccoMio 🥥Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 g desiccated coconut - unsweetened
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter a loaf tin of 26 cm x 9 cm measured at the base of the form.
- Peel and grate the carrots on a finer grater.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Then add the sugar.
- Beat the eggs shortly in a medium bowl. Add the zest and the juice of 1 lemon. Add the coconut oil and the vanilla extract, then carefully fold in the flour mixture.
- Add the finely grated carrots and the desiccated coconut to the mixture and pour everything into the prepared tin.
- Bake for about 55 - 60 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
CoccoMio, we’re just nuts about coconut and only the best will do!