This simple coconut carrot soup recipe is another idea to add more cooked carrots in the diet.
We have already talked about the many benefits of cooked carrots. They help to carry out important functions in our bodies. Healthy vision is one, and the other, perhaps less known, is that they improve sperm’s quality in men.
Plus it’s super easy to make and tastes delicious.
Coconut Carrot Soup
- 3 tbsp CoccoMio 🥥Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Kg chopped carrots
- 1 chopped apple
- 1 chopped large onion
- 2 medium leeks - white and pale-green parts only, 1 chopped, 1 thinly sliced
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- chilli flakes - for serving; optional
- Heat 1 Tbsp coconut oil in a heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add carrots, apple, onion, chopped leek, garlic, and ginger, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are beginning to soften, 5–7 minutes. Add broth, coconut milk, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until vegetables are very tender, 20–25 minutes; let cool slightly. Working in batches, puree soup in a blender until smooth.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced leek and cook, stirring often, until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain; season with salt.
- Serve soup topped with chilli flakes and crispy leeks
CoccoMio, we’re just nuts about coconut and only the best will do!