This coconut rice with shrimp recipe is delicious and light. This recipe is perfect as a last minute dinner idea and you can use the coconut rice with other recipes as well for great results!
Coconut Rice with Shrimp Recipe
- 6 ½ cups water
- 3 cups rice - uncooked
- 1 ½ cups CoccoMio 🥥Coconut Oil
- 2 cups grated Ccoconut
- 1 Kg shrimps
- salt and pepper - or spices to choose from
- Bring water and rice to a boil for 5 minutes. Lower the heat over to a low heat, stir and cook for about 15 minutes. Add ½ cup of coconut oil and grated coconut to the rice and mix it in. Cook over a low flame for another 15 minutes, then turn off the heat. Cool down.
- Heat the remaining coconut oil over medium heat in a large pan and add half of the shrimp. The oil will cool, but do not turn up the stove. Slowly mix the prawns in oil for about 5 minutes and season as required. Once cooked the shrimp put it aside.
- Reheat the oil over medium heat and add the rest of the shrimp and repeat the cooking process as before.
- To serve, place the rice in a warm oval pot and place the prawns on top.
CoccoMio, we’re just nuts about coconut and only the best will do!