The empanadas are perfect because they can be prepared the day before making them even better, having had time to rest and release all the wonderful flavours of the ingredients used. When you bite into it, you’ll experience a very pleasant taste explosion and of course, you’ll want more! Be creative and organise a nice picnic with your loved ones. What could be nicer than lying on a beautiful lawn, being in contact with nature, chatting and laughing together while having carefree moments?
This empanada recipe is just what you need when you want to organise a picnic with your friends! Only one warning, you’ll be risking to make life long memories! Now that the days are getting longer and longer don’t waste this opportunity!
For the dough:
- 500 gr flour
- 250 ml water
- 30 g CoccoMio 🥥Coconut Oil
- 10 gr salt
For the stuffing:
- 400 gr beef
- 1 large white onion
- 30 ml CoccoMio 🥥Coconut Oil
- black pepper
- Green chilli
- Put the flour and oil in a bowl, stir and then add the warm water in which the salt was dissolved. Make a smooth dough, cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the onion into cubes and fry in coconut oil, when the onion got a little see-though, add the meat, mix the two ingredients well and then add the spices to taste. Don't be thrifty!!
- When the filling is cooked, let it cool.
- In the meantime spread the dough and create discs with a diameter of 12/15 cm, 2/3 mm high.
- When they are ready, add a spoonful of filling to the center, close the half-moon and fold the edge trying to create the typical cord of the empanadas.
- For cooking you can choose to fry them in coconut oil or cook them in the oven. In this case, they should be brushed with egg and placed in a ventilated oven at 170 degrees for about 15/20 minutes.
CoccoMio, we’re just nuts about coconut and only the best will do!