This Matcha Muffin Recipe is perfect to start your day or at any time when you want that extra energy. Do you know that matcha has also detoxifying properties?
Matcha Muffin Recipe
For the Muffins
- 3 organic eggs
- ½ cup CoccoMio 🥥Coconut Oil - melted
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1¼ cups coconut or almond flour
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 2 medium bananas - fairly ripe
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp granulated sweetener
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
For the Glaze
- ⅓ cup CoccoMio 🥥Coconut Oil - melted
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut syrup - or pure maple syrup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cacao nibs - for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Put the eggs, coconut milk, melted coconut oil, bananas, sweetener, vanilla, and matcha powder in a blender and process until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and pinch of salt in a small bowl. Add to the liquid mixture in the blender and blend until well-combined. The mixture should be quite runny and smooth.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin, then divide the mixture evenly among 10 cups until nearly full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over a low heat just until melted. Mix in the raw cacao powder and maple syrup until smooth.
- When the muffins have cooled, pour the glaze over and top with the cacao nibs.
CoccoMio, we’re just nuts about coconut and only the best will do!