Vegan Apple Doughnut Recipe from our friends at The KitchenTube. Crispy Doughnuts with a juicy apple inside. This Vegan Doughnut recipe is ideal for a quick snack or a delicious and tasty breakfast.
Another great recipe from the lovely folks @thekitchentube. This recipe is traditionally a carnival treat in Italy, but we think it’s too delicious and should be enjoyed at any time of the year! 😉🥳
Vegan Apple Doughnut Recipe
- 2 Apples - your choice
- 100 g Spelt Flour
- 25 g Cornstarch
- 7 g Yeast - for desserts
- 10 g Coconut syrup - or 15g of brown sugar
- 150 ml Milk - Rice, Almond, Coconut, etc..
- 15 ml Coconut Vinegar - or apple vinegar
- 15 g CoccoMio 🥥Coconut Oil - melted
- 1 tsp salt
- First, take the milk and pour in the vinegar. Let it rest for a bit while you prepare the rest.
- Take a bowl and pour all the ingredients in the list except the coconut oil, mix well and set aside.
- Take the apples, peel them and remove the inner core. Cut your apples so they fit your mould but do not completely fill to the rim. Make sure to leave a little space to allow the moulds.
- Now that your apples are ready, you can dedicate yourself to the batter. Pour the coconut oil into the milk and vinegar mix. Then pour the mixture in with the rest. Stir without exaggerating, the batter will be created very quickly and it will not be necessary to continue beyond.
- Pour the mixture into your mould filling 1/3 of the way to the top. You only have to create the support part of our doughnuts so do not overdo it with the dough. Take the slices and place them in the shapes pushing lightly, now you just have to close the edges well and cover the apples with the remaining dough.
- Cook the doughnuts in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 15min in a fan oven. It is really a very easy and fast recipe to make.
- As soon as they are cooked, let them cool for 5 minutes before taking them out very carefully. The final touch is a small mix of sugar and cinnamon in which to roll them. Enjoy!
- Simply pour a little of the batter into the moulds.
- Place a piece of apple in the centre.
- Cover with batter and cook in the oven.
CoccoMio, we’re just nuts about coconut and only the best will do!